Wednesday, February 18, 2009

nice vs lovely


VS

Today I noticed that my saying at present is “yeah that would be nice”. Nice! Really... when did I start using that word on a daily bases to describe the things I want to do?

I use to hate the word, as I used it to describe girls that I went to High School with. People would ask you “what’s so and so like?” and you would say oh, she’s a nice girl. Meaning she has limited drive, goes along with everything, is everyone’s friend and does everything, just so. To me that = boring and bland.
So it got me pondering... Should I carry on with the use of this word, as it is kind of amusing to me that over a period of time my opinion hasn’t changed on the word but my liking for the word has grown due to context.
Or should I find a new word that is more descriptive to my true emotion. Which would require me actually thinking before I say things rather than just blurting them out.
Humm, I’m not sure.
For the mean time I will replace the word nice with the word lovely.

Nice is defined as; pleasing; agreeable; delightful.
Lovely is defined as; having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye, as a person or a face.
I think this is a much better word to express my emotion in most cases.

Well I’m glad I got that sorted!

SOURCE: weheartit

No comments: