Wednesday, January 7, 2009

fabric turned to bundles of hope

When I was younger I loved to go through my mother’s sewing box, pull out all the materials and look at them. I hardly ever made anything because I thought they were too pretty and even at a young age I knew I didn’t want to waste and destroy them on something childish.

This year however I got over that and decided to make something that would last. I was given a gift during the year from visiting Brownie leaders from the U.K. I thought they were such a lovely idea that I would make some for my friends and give them as presents. They are ever so sweet.

On the card reads:

An eraser so you can make your own mistakes disappear .

A coin so you can never say you are broke.

A marble in case someone says you have lost yours.

A rubber band to stretch yourself beyond your limits.

A piece of string to tie things together when they fall apart.

A heart to remind you that someone loves you.


And of course each of those things are in the bag. I think they liked them. I made some extra ones up to give to people during the year. There are always times when people need a little something to remind them they aren’t alone when going through a rough patch. Everyone needs a bit of cheering up from time to time.

No comments: