Thursday, January 8, 2009

school girl crush

I have just discovered SoKo a French singer and also actress, (thanks daydream lily).
She has a great voice, one that you may expect from a which from a 65 year old women. Yet it is sweet and emotional and mixed with her lyrics I have found her loveable very quickly.

I think I have been developing a crush on the French, the women especially. I love the cherry blossom girl and now SoKo. Also a few weeks ago a French girl came to look at the room in our apartment. I found myself laughing and giggling and being enchanted by everything she said. Now I think about it she must have thought I was a complete weirdo.




I’ll kill her (above, preformed live in Denmark ) is one of her most popular hits. I found this snip-it from her web site interesting:

SoKo put up “I’ll Kill Her” at her MySpace for some friends in November 2006. This version, which she recorded in her bedroom, isn’t really that much to her liking. Telling Courier Mail: “Say you want to do a huge painting, and you make a little black and white sketch on a napkin and you’re like, ‘I want to do that with a lot of color and really big’. Then people are like, ‘Oh no, this one on the little napkin is really good, we should put in a museum’. But that’s not what you want to do.”

An Interesting wee lass to keep an eye on. She has been doing a tour in Australia, I hope she comes here soon. You can also check out some of her music on last fm.

No comments: